Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Procrasti Nation

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a nation of only procrastinators? I mean I seriously would move there. Then people would expect you to "put it off" for another day. Think how much work would NOT get done. This thought was born out of utter annoyance of people asking me, "did you get that report done yet?" It's like, 'Yes, but I'm holding it here, completely done just so I can hear you ask the same question daily, thus annoying, me further, and thus causing me to HOLD the damn report another day'. If I was done with the danged report, I would give it to the proper people promptly! But it's not done, because I like to look at it, minimize it, resize it, stretch it out, minimize it again, change all the colors, change the font, reformat it, print preview it, then I like to press SAVE even though I didn't do anything to it. That last step is necessary in the event I actually DID do something. Notice to co-workers and bosses alike: If you give me a deadline, please don't ask about the piece of poo until the deadline. THANKS! I mean, if they want to have two deadlines, like a halfway deadline, and a final draft deadline, then fine, but why dog me throughout? Ok, that was a fun way to get such an insignificant complaint off my chest! Now I know why people Blog. This is awesome!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Very funny blog...I totally feel your pain. Totally. I'm sitting here in cubicle hell doing precisely what my company manual advises me against doing- surfing the internet.

Keep posting!

11/17/2004 3:54 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Kim: My company has the same policy. Ooops! I guess I just violated rule #5,000 out of the ONE HUNDRED AND ONE MILLION THINGS NOT TO DO AT THIS COMPANY employee handbook. It's just a "mother" tactic. They allow you to do something that will get you in trouble, so you feel some guilt for doing it, then when they go through the next round of layoffs they bring it up that you were 'surfing the net'. Then when big boss comes around, aka Daddy, you get whipped to take the pressure of what your immediate bosses were doing wrong! Why don't they just have IT block all websites besides the ones needed for work? I'll tell ya why, because they want something to hold over our heads! BASTARDS! What we gotta do for a buck! :)

11/17/2004 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home