Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Bagel and Coffee

My cousin gave me a ride yesterday, because I borrowed my roommate's car and had to take it back to him at work, so we hung out for a while......

"DON'T STEP ON THE..." "....BAGEL!" I screamed as my cousin's foot descended on a giant wet bagel lying on the sidewalk. We were walking around Grandview contemplating why the Lutheran church changed from multicolored stained glass to hues of blue. (because it's now a Catholic church). It was seriously the biggest bagel I've ever seen, perhaps due to water saturation, but it was as big as her foot. Then to the post office, which is right next door to a photo development shop. We know this because we went in the photo shop to mail a package.

US: "Yuck, this post office smells funny" "How much to mail a package?".
Photo Guy: "Try next door, this is the photo shop"
US: "Ooops Sorry."
Photo Guy: "happens all the time, don't worry about it."

Off to Panera Bread for a bowl of roasted corn soup. I plopped down in the booth, only to find the springy suspension out. Good food. After eating, need coffee, so sleepy, need coffee. I find myself addicted to coffee these days. It has to be very strong too, not the watery crap from the cafeteria at work. Starbucks, Stauf's, Cup'O'Joe, or Caribou - these are the only brands giving the caffeine buzz necessary to sustain life. Milky Way....mmm. Carmel syrup, whipped cream, chocolate. 1000 calories - (minus) caffeine induced jitters = (equals) me still fat. Exercise - HA! My fingers are in shape. Typing IS exercise.

While standing in line for coffee I crack up at the sight of a seedy grainy raisin cookie. "That things looks like (cat poop)" I spare the people behind me the description. Any particular reason coffee shops have health food while their calorie/caffeine rich drinks cause hypertension? It's like serving a salad with a Big Mac - retarded.

We walk to the fish store. I want to check out the bloodworms just to be grossed out. They don't carry them any more. It sucks.

It's time to go elsewhere, Grandview's venue of day time fun has worn out. In the car I realize I have a booger. We stop at Burger King so I can dig it out. She has to throw snow on her window, because she's out of window cleaner. Booger free, window clean - what other hilarity can ensue?......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you and I never get to see you. I want to have coffee with you too, it's not fair, and you're darn number ain't working, CALLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

steph and knee

2/19/2005 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home