Friday, January 14, 2005

Sunlight!

O dearest glowing bright orb in the sky! Your light is most appreciated! Yes! That's right the sun is out today and man has my mood changed. I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling the mid-winter blues from lack of sunlight, but I was. Until today.

Well, half my team went to lunch today to a place called Bellaccino's. Seriously, the food is excellent. I've been eating there for about a month and the Ruben makes my tummy clap, then flop. Or is that just my done-flop flapping against itself? Either way the food is GOOOOOD. Gimme more!

Uh oh, I just saw the manager I despise walk by. He's this prissy guy from another area. Anyhow, me and my buddy went down to get coffee one day and were walking back to our desks and Mr. Prissy Manager was behind us. I had worn my shirt untucked that day. My supervisor comes out about 10 minutes later and says, "I got a call from Mr. Prissy (not his real name) and he said you were violating the dress code. Please go tuck in your shirt". Well, why does he care? I don't even work for him or have interaction with any of his people. And....my manager doesn't care as long as our clothes aren't trashed out or stinky or whatever, which mine never are, because (earth to mars hello) I wash them! I heard that he's always busting guys for untucking their shirts. Now, who would really care unless he's really some sort of secret fashion/dress code police. Or he wants to see my buns of steel....make that cinnamon - I haven't worked out in a while. But tucking my shirt in sucks because when I was in 7th grade I made a pact that I wouldn't tuck in my shirt and be one of those preppy people that stunk up school with their arrogant stuck up ways. Here I am breaking my pact just for a job. So I made up a rhyme about the Mr. Prissy manager:

He looks like humpty dumpty
Cuz he's quite plumpty
In fact he's a blob.
What a job snob.
And when I work at this place
I want to smash my banana nut muffin in his face.
Cuz I walk down the hall with my shirt tails untucked
Mr. Prissy manager went boo-hoo-waaa-waay cluckety-clucke(d).

(Ouch, the nuts would grind like sandpaper)

I know that was very juvenille and immature. But I had fun! Have a wonderful 3 day weekend! Later!!!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Prissy sounds like a sissy,
maybe he wouldn't be so pissy
if you gave him a kissy kissy

1/14/2005 6:33 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Kristine - I wrote a rap for work once when I was bored and my boss tried to get me to do it in front of our big boss. But I just couldn't bring myself to be a serious Rapper about the mortgage business!

Breaking pacts is horrible, my stomach is killing me now, then again, maybe it was that giant doughnut from Der Dutchman going sour(ugh).

Anon: It's doubtful that kissing him would take his pissy attitude away, especially from me. I doubt you could get that out with industrial strength bleach! Perhaps a punch in the nose would fix the problem-o (violence is always the answer) Besides, these lips are for you!

1/14/2005 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home