Friday, February 04, 2005

What Is MORE Disturbing?.....

...Peter Pan with cameltoe or Peter Pan sporting grapes and ding dong?

As I was spreading Jiffy Peanut Butter on my bread, it reminded me how my mom would only buy Peter Pan brand peanut butter and how I hated it because "choosy mom's were supposed to "choose Jiff" and mine didn't. Later I realized she wasn't choosy about peanut butter because she didn't eat it! Thinking about Peter Pan PB got me to thinking about Peter Pan the play, and how Mary Martin, a WOMAN played, "the boy who never grew up". How does a parent explain that to their children? And what would be so bad about a boy playing the part meant for a boy?

Here are a few of my ponderances/questions:

#1 I'm sure at some point along the way Mary Martin's tights must have been pulled "too tight" when she was hoisted above the stage to "fly", most likely causing cameltoe. How did a parent keep from cracking up? What if a little boy, whose hero is Peter Pan, asked, "Mommy why does Peter Pan have the same parts as Wendy instead of a peter, like me?" Talk about causing a gender identity crisis!

#2 Is the rumor true that Mary Martin just HAD to wear maxi's with wings, so she could fly right?

#3 If Peter Pan is really a woman, then we have a reverse case of the Crying Game. And when Peter finally grew up, that would either make our little Wendy a little lesbian, or a little disappointed when she reaches for the Ho-Ho and ends up with a camel toe-toe.

#4 Why couldn't the costume designer just have designed the pants a little more loosely? Did they have to be skin tight? This would have solved the whole problem, thus avoiding any of the sexus testimonium, and allowing the proper person to play the part.

#5 (Somewhat Unrelated to subject) Did Peter Pan ever remind anyone else of Kermit the Frog? And Kermit always sounds like he has peanut butter in his throat.......possible connection?????

FINAL THOUGHTS: Mom's, avoid having your son think about Peter Pan's gender bending issues by being a choosy mom that chooses Jiff!

11 Comments:

Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Kristine - THANK YOU! And, yes, Quaker Oatmeal does resemble Captain Kangaroo! I'll email you another story about the Quaker Oatmeal guy and Grandma.

Amanda - Hey at least you're choosing to save money with coupons, that's got to count for something!

2/07/2005 7:26 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

With all those savings, you'll be able to buy a designer Hobo Stick and coordinating overalls! Or are you going more for the Run Lola Run look? ;P

2/08/2005 12:26 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Becky - I'm most appreciative of your kind words! I'm not sure if that Maxi joke has been used before, I get paranoid that I hear something a few years ago and recycle it, rendering it non-original. Who knows, though. I just popped over to your site and will try to read some posts!

Kristine - Thanks for the referral!!!

2/09/2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Peter Pan just scared me. Period. (No pun intended.) (Okay, maybe just a little one.) I don't know if it was the scary crocodile with the clock or Captain Hook trying to kill little kids or how mean Peter Pan was sometimes. I choose Jif.

2/09/2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Allison Rae - You're right! I'm wondering what all these authors of fairy tales were thinking. Maybe they had a sick obsession with frightening kids. Many thanks unto you and your household, for choosing JIF!

2/09/2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

I triped on the web and fell into your page, my foster brother loved peter pan...and i'm very serious aout this...he came out of the closet like 9th grade. I like jiff it tastes better and has more nutts. Catfromsaturn1.blogspot.com

2/09/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Cat - sounds like your step brother wasn't disturbed by "Peter." I'm telling you, I haven't had one vote for Peter Pan PB, everyone's choosing Jif!

2/09/2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Mysti - Wow! Your mom actually sewed the Peter Pan outfit for you...That's awesome, no wonder you opt for Peter Pan PB. But, does your choosy husband still want to choose Jif?

2/10/2005 7:51 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Mysti - Your hubby's jonesin' for some Jif! I bet he's got some hidden under his car seat with the label ripped off. For all that is sacred, let the man have something other than Peter Pan! :)

2/11/2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

So what's the word on people who choose Skippy or Sunny Jim?

2/16/2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Craig - Skippy's spokeperson is Annette Funicello. Her eyebrows are like caterpillars. Do you really want one of them crawling or falling into your food? Sunny Jim? I don't know nuttin' 'bout dat brand, is it better than Jif?

2/17/2005 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home