Monday, June 13, 2005

Mista Grant watcha doin' on da floor?

How was my weekend you ask? Oh I know you didn't REALLY ask, but I'm going to tell you anyway!

Friday evening - for the first time in a very long time I stayed home and read. I'm reading the last book in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series (finally), but I'm going slow because I hate having to find a new vein of books that I like.

Saturday evening - Took my sister and nephew out to eat and spent $50, then I found $50 bucks on the floor at the movie theater and no claim had been made for it at the counter, so I lickety-split and called me friends to meet me at the bar where I proceeded to share the wealth and get us all buzzed!

Sunday - mom called at 7:30 to lecture me about my muffler breaking. I went to a cob-job-chop-shop where the guy cut this, put this in, took this out, etc. so that I only paid $90 instead of $200. Well, it recently jiggled loose, so now my car sounds ghetto. Anyway, mom's concerned that I'm going to get carbon monoxide poisoning, so while she was talking to me I fell asleep and must have snorted/snored because then she's asking me "ARE YOU SLEEPING WHILE I'M TALKING TO YOU?" and I'm like "huh, no, I'm silently mulling this enlightening information?" She hated it, but come on, it was 7:30 on a Sunday morning! Went to church for the first time in about 4 months, then came home and napped before getting ready for my weekend job. After work some of us took HotChic out because she's moving to Florida tomorrow. 3 shots, 4 drinks later are my eyes deceiving me? The girl with breast implants and HotChic are feeling each other's boobs! Good Times!

15 Comments:

Blogger e$ said...

there is no way I would take that shit on Sunday morning, dude. That's N-O W-A-Y. Anything before 10AM is just illegal, as far as I'm concerned.

6/13/2005 5:26 PM  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

You must be a saint to answer the phone at 7:30 am on a Sunday. You can turn the ringer off, but that may have just gotten mom physically over at your place.

6/13/2005 9:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

$50??? Great beer karma he has.

6/13/2005 11:23 PM  
Blogger Darcey said...

As far as book reading goes, it may not be a series, but if you haven't read Clive Barker's Galilee, you should. Seriously. That book is my annual summer reading.

Chick-boob-feeling, eh? It's not surprising that it was with someone w/ implants. Those types are ALWAYS asking others to "check 'em out - they feel real, right?" Trust me, they never do.

6/14/2005 9:00 AM  
Blogger erl said...

dude my mom read your blog by clicking to it through a link on mine and she's thinks you're cute. that is too funny. (not b/c you're not cute, but because my mom is basically computet illiterate)

6/14/2005 7:33 PM  
Blogger erl said...

computer.

6/14/2005 7:33 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

e$ - I should print these comments and send them to mom as warning for next time she tries calling before the legal Sunday limit.

Drink More Jack - Saint Bernard perhaps, as I carry barrels of booze around my neck! Yeah, she'd probably have thought I was passed out dead from the carbon monoxide if my ringer was off.

allison - and it's increasing! I found $20 once outside of my apartment building, if karma keeps sending me money, the next might be $100!

The Muse - Thanks for the book recommendation, I'll have to check that out when I'm done w/ Dark Tower. I know what you mean about the fake boobs too, they don't feel real, and the owner always wants people to test 'em out, usually other chics, but once in a while (smiles)......

ERL - Well, tell ya ma, I'm as single as a unitard, so I'm open for blind dates with her friends (as long as they're HOT)

Becky - I figured that $50 was intended to be spent by someone, otherwise it would have been in the bank someplace, so....I didn't want the poor thing all confused with its destiny'n'stuff!

6/15/2005 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fell asleep while listening to my mom lecture me about something on the phone one day, and I still get grief about that. One way for me to guarantee I never fall asleep on the phone would be for me to read Stephen King ... I would never sleep again. I'm such a scardy cat!

6/15/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Weeeeeee! - I've seen her since then, and she hasn't mentioned it, so I'm hoping I'm in the clear, but most likely she'll bring it up in 6 months (next lecture).

Stephen King books are a lot better than when translated into movies. They become objects of hilarity at that point.

6/15/2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

Hh, man, sorry to tell you this, but that was my $50. I totally lost it the other night. No problem though - just deposit it into my Paypal account, K? Thanks!

;)

6/15/2005 2:54 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Yeah, I have been known to pick up the phone and hang up without ever speaking to the person when the call that early. That has the ability to ruin a person's day.

AMG

6/15/2005 4:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Quite frankly, I am surprised by your cash karma after the fountain pillaging you have engaged in.

6/16/2005 3:29 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/17/2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Next time, can we get pictures of the boob-a-rama? I'll bet your readership goes through the roof.

(First post deleted - two misspellings! D'uh!)

6/17/2005 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when are we gonna hear about THIS weekend? I'm anxious to hear how it went!

6/20/2005 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home