Thursday, April 28, 2005

An Uncooked Brownie..

...is what I just ate. The old lady from the next row made two big pans of brownies for her team. It struck me as odd that there should be any left, but I just figured 'more for me'. They looked delicious with tons of fluffy chocolate icing. I cut myself a huge piece after running over like a child to be the first in line for an after lunch treat. I bit into the MOST moist chocolaty piece of....uncooked, undone glob of goo I've ever eaten. Perhaps I should carry some toothpicks with me next time and "insert in center" to ensure doneness.

I'm not sure if it was a brownie batter brownie, as in, it was supposed to be that way, or if maybe she forgot to turn the oven setting to BAKE, when she put them in, but whatever the case moist deluxe doesn't apply to that Betty Crocker Flopper.

She's now going around the office saying, "wow, you ate that fast! come and get another piece!" I'm thinking maybe she went home, took her prescription of who knows what, forgot what an oven looked like, and placed the brownies in a broken dishwasher to bake....

My co-worker said "psst, come here" pulling out a trash can and moving some papers out of the way to reveal a plop of brownie at the bottom. I saw several people walk over and walk away empty handed muttering things like "wow those look really good, but I'm just trying to stay away from sweets." What they're really trying to say is "I'm trying to stay away from sweets containing uncooked batter including eggs, to avoid a bad case of salmonella poisoning", which I think I have, because my stomach is starting to ache.

Oh well, no more belly aching. It's not like I don't mix up raw cake batter and eat it when nobody's around to make a cake for me. However, I at least leave out the eggs (GROAN).

10 Comments:

Blogger erl said...

brownie batter is GOOD though!!

4/28/2005 2:34 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

I would agree, but not half-baked, sat-out-all-day batter. YUCK!

4/28/2005 2:55 PM  
Blogger e$ said...

i freaking love batter. boozie is so missing out.

4/28/2005 5:24 PM  
Blogger Mommy said...

*falling over laughing*
did no one feel the need to tell that poor lady that her brownies were not cooked? geeeeeeeeeeeez. iz funny anyway.
*grin*
rae

4/28/2005 7:27 PM  
Blogger Tommyblaze said...

I love that a woman brought in these 2 trays of uncooked brownies. I don't know if thats what really happened, but that's how I'm going to tell the story.

4/28/2005 9:29 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Boozie - My mom gave me that same fear of food poisoning mainly from HER cooking!

e$ - Ch-Yeah, she's missing out on salmonella, that delectible treat ;P

Rae - No way, we all acted like they were good. I mean what if she meant to make them that way and it was like her great grandma's recipe or something? Who am I to offend a brownie recipe from the colonial days? I didn't feel worthy. So I grinned and ate it, thinking 'here's to you Martha Washington.' (ironically the woman's name is Martha).

Tommy - Oh they were pretty undone in spots, like thick liquid. If these brownies were steaks they'd be rare-still-mooing-drippin' blood steaks.

Becky - You would have saved the day had you been here, because there weren't any nuts, and no PB either. Chow down sista!

Mysti - I'm getting my speaker ready for raw brownie transmission...Uh oh, the speaker went home sick with salmonella poisoning and has ceased communication. Maybe next month :)

4/29/2005 7:28 AM  
Blogger Darcey said...

Mmmm... brownies. I think my oven misses me (I've been giving the stove and microwave much more love recently), so perhaps that's what I'll do tomorrow. Granted, it would help if I stopped reading everyone's blogs at 2am so I can get up at a reasonable time and get to the gym before I have to meet my friend for lunch.
Damn, I just rambled a whole helluva lot. Exhaustion speaking. Or maybe that last rollercoaster.

4/30/2005 1:57 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

I LURVE raw batter. WITH the eggs.

I like to live on the edge. ;)

5/01/2005 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

raw batter rocks....besides, the worms will find their way out eventually.

5/02/2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

Dude, that's hilarious. Nothing like a little food poisoning from uncooked eggs that sat out for 24 hours!

5/03/2005 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home