Friday, May 20, 2005

Imagine....

.....being a particle on a ringlet of a spring. The top rung of that spring is your goal, and the bottom is where you've started from. Most springs are made from one contiguous wire wound one level above another. Imagine making your way to the top looping round and round (like the Guggenheim Museum!), but the entire time the spring you're on is bouncing (life's ups and downs), though you're still moving towards the top (the goal). The points where the spring is compressing - when the world is no longer flying by - the other ringlets (past and present) seem to be closer, more in perspective, more viewable. You can see where you're going, and where you've been. If there is any detail you missed along the way, you can "catch up" on it at these points of compression. You can clearly plan the future trek.

Now imagine that particle is tied to the spring so inherently that when the spring travels up, you feel on the rise, when the spring travels down, so goes your mood. When the spring stops moving and is being squished down and smashed by inertia against an immovable object....you too, feel the pressure.

That is how I feel. Life's current routine is pressuring me to change, I'm at a "bottom", ready for a move up, and during this time I'm able to see the past, and see the future all the while maintaining the present. Though, by "bottom" I don't necessarily mean emotional depression, just that the energy level or momentum of the current "path" has hit a stand still and is being collected to spring forth on a new trajectory.

I see mistakes I've made, though I wouldn't change them for the importance of the lessons involved, I do want to improve upon my process of operation. I see life as very cyclical so I want to trend the lulls and plan ahead, though, nothing too rigid, too routine as to fall into a complete and utter stall. It's time to bounce this spring to a new environment. So if you see me bouncing by, say "hi!"

***It might be added that I do NOT possess a degree in philosophy, physics, nor psychology, so any references, ideas, or visual connotations used in this blog are completely pulled out of my a$$.

###Deeper discussions and comments are welcome, but subject to time constraints in researching your points of view. In other words, I'm at work bi*ch.

10 Comments:

Blogger TYSEN said...

I think the whole analogy confused things more than it helped. I keeping think that you've been bouncing around literally or maybe you got a perm... but I don't think either of those things is the issue at heart here.

5/20/2005 9:57 AM  
Blogger TYSEN said...

actually now that I think about it... if you had some diagrams depicting the spring and the motions that would be great and make it easier to grasp!

5/20/2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Mommy said...

wow. you are getting deeper and deeper. its so early i had to read your post like 3 times before i felt like i "got" it. sounds like you are either completely stoned or really going thru a transition in life. i'm having my mid 20's crisis myself.
hugs
rae

5/20/2005 10:01 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Tysen - Like Tigger? ha ha, I've been that hyper before. You're right, I need diagrams! I thought about that, but didn't really have time to create them. Maybe on my lunch break.

Rae - That's hilarious! I wish I was stoned because then I wouldn't have 80 things running through my mind at all times. People used to always think I was stoned when I wasn't, then they thought I was normal when I was stoned.....I guess that's an indication of how really weird I am.

That mid 20's crisis is making me crazy (crazier?) Hopefully we can all pool our support to help one another! ha ha.

5/20/2005 10:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sir, you know I love ya', but STOP smokin' that crack. I fear it might not be crack.

Alright, Trent Reznor...are you spiraling down or up?

And, by the way, now I am totally chuckling at the really funny mental image of your profile photo with bouncy, permed ringlet curls. hehe.

5/20/2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Amanda - Perhaps this shouldn't be called a crisis. I'm just trying to prepare for the next few years...you know, defraggin' my hard drive (that sounds like some weird sex act, but I'm talking moving things around in my brain to make room for more), though, by reading comments I'd say most people think there's nothing up there TO rearrange. ha ha.

Allison - smack, crack, crank, e, c, k, acid, valium, xanex, ether, and Prozac - do nothing for me anymore. But a good can of Red Bull and I write insanities like those you just read!

5/20/2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

I thought this made complete sense. Maybe because I'm smokin' the crack too? I dunno.

Hope you never get to the top of the spring though. Because once you're there, there's nowhere to go but down. Or something.

5/20/2005 3:42 PM  
Blogger e$ said...

no way, man i TOTALLY hear you. In fact, I was pondering this same phenomenon just this very day. Minus the "spring" analogy, of course. Except I was thinking more of how the "top" seems farther and farther away, as no matter how high one gets on the "spring", once the spring stretches out the apex recedes from view.

hoo, boy.

5/23/2005 7:34 PM  
Blogger Tommyblaze said...

You have to find a new spring.

5/26/2005 9:16 AM  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

Brilliant post, in my opinion. Throw in a spinning spring of continuously varying revolutions and I think you have a new religion.

6/05/2005 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home