Thursday, May 12, 2005

Wishing Well

Tuesday was absolutely wonderful in terms of weather. I get out of work at 3:30, so I figured I better enjoy the sun while it's out as it may rain for the next 40 days. Ohio skies are like that - unpredictable but more likely rainy or gray. Anyway, I called my cousin and we went to Highbanks Metro Park, which evidently was created by all the debris razed in front of the glaciers during the last ice age. Well that's all interesting, but the coolest part of the park is this bridge crossing a tiny flat rock bed stream. From the bridge people toss coins and make wishes, the coins land in the shallow water and shine like little diamonds in the sun. I'm here to tell everyone that wishes do come true. We started craving a hot fudge cake and French fries from Frish's Big Boy. I already knew I'd forgotten my moola, as did my cousin, so what do any self respecting people enjoying nature, but wanting to enjoy greasy and sweet food, do? They take off their shoes and wade into the creek for those coins representing many people's wishes. A whole $4.50 was collected, quite enough for French fries and hot fudge cake. My gratitude to all the people that made MY WISH come true! Thank you!

11 Comments:

Blogger Darcey said...

This is the 2nd time in 2 days that there is reason for me to reference The Goonies...

[the Goonies are collecting coins from a wishing well]
Stef: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, stop, stop! You can't do this.
Data: Why?
Mikey: Why?
Stef: Because these are somebody else's wishes. They're somebody else's dreams.
Mouth: Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back.

5/12/2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

OMG! I love the Goonies. I was even going to blog about it a while ago, but I forgot. Thanks for making my day!

5/12/2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Amanda - Hey, you're right! Their coins keep this piggy in the feeding trough!

5/12/2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the Goonies quote. I must say, I am with Mouth on this one...I want my fuckin' money back. (Not you, Sir. Panic not.)

5/12/2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

but then the server spit on your hot fudge cake for giving her 450 pennies. guess you take the good, you take the bad... ;)

5/12/2005 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, I instantly thought of the Goonies on this one, too, but also when my brother did the same thing at the mall. He came home with POCKETS full of coins. He was 6, though :)

5/12/2005 12:29 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Allison - How'd you know I was paranoid? ha ha.

Webmiz - This park is in a ritzier area of town, so there were quarters, dimes, and nickels! But the spit cost extra!

Boozie - Hmmm, either your brother was really advanced or I'm really behind. Doesn't every 25 year old take money out of the creek?

5/12/2005 12:39 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Becky - We'd planned on just walking then eating at home, so there was no need for it. But sometimes I leave it at home on purpose to curb spending but still get out of the house.

5/13/2005 7:10 AM  
Blogger erl said...

that is hilarious. evil, but hilarious.

5/13/2005 2:14 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

so what's the going price for some spit in your food anyway?

I always pass on the spit. You can get fingers for FREE!!

5/13/2005 3:30 PM  
Blogger Tommyblaze said...

I bet you it's not even a crime. But I think you can go to hell for it.

5/14/2005 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home