Friday, July 01, 2005

Chronicles of Bodily Functions - Chapter 2 - "My First Brownie"

My first record industry party was quite the ordeal. Mind you I'm not in the record industry, but I had a friend that was into promotions or something of that nature. I agreed to go because nobody else wanted to go, and I soon found out why. You just stand around and/or sit around these tables in the VIP room, and some people over there are passing illicit materials under the table, and that table over there people are about to procreate. Now, now, use protection! I saw that same hoochie-mamma down at Iggy Pop's bumping and grinding on every other guy in town. Then after you've heard the most horrendous band in the world they come up to the VIP room and everyone gives them false compliments like "I can't wait until your CD's released" or "That was awesome!" or "If your CD is anything like the live act you're going to be rich!" Yeah right, they sucked hairy ass. And the whole time I'm at the open bar "Gimme 'nother, an' don be shin, I mean....chin-cheee Huh?...chincyyyy? S'what I said."

Well after the band goes into their VIP room off the VIP room, everyone in the VIP room high tails it for the door before the band comes out whacked on whatever pharmaceutical they're into this particular week. My friend was like "Man let's scram before those jerks come out on their Scooby Snacks." Seriously it was like a fire drill because all the people were rushing for the stairs and the door. I'm kinda wishing I'd stuck around to see what happens when a no name band almost has a name. They probably just break things, which is what every boring band does when they're trying to assert themselves.

Anyway, back to my bodily functions. Uhm, Ok. Where was I? Oh yeah, we left that drag of a party and went to this party in SoHo in an enormous loft. Folks, this was the most amazing loft I've ever seen, it took up the entire floor of this building, and it had a "studio" of equal size attached! In the studio were many, many Corona's. I drank half of them. The smell of delicious chocolate decadence was wafting through the party and someone shouts, "YAY! The Brownies are done!". Mmmm, brownies? I'm starving! The reason I was starving was because I hadn't eaten the entire day, and people at this place had homemade cigs *if you know what I mean* just laying around all over and MAYBE I second-handedly had inhaled the by-products. So I'm so stupid and fu*ked up that I didn't realize why everyone at the party wanted to eat these brownies. DUH....(I was very sheltered growing up).

Blah, blah, blah...I meet a bunch of people, and I barely remember them, but I do remember this chic that had long hair, long nose, long fingers, and long legs and thought, "is she Shelly Long, cuz everything is LONG on her" but evidently I didn't just think it, I'd said it out loud and this fat Buddy Holly look alike said "That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard" and we laughed about it for 10 minutes (yeah, go figure). So after being insulted by Fatty Holly, but forgiving him because it turned out to be his apartment, I left. Suddenly I didn't remember where I was. I was in SoHo, which I'd been in a million times before, and now I was standing on Broadway lost. That's right, the "brownie" kicked in. Damn Duncan Hi(gh)nes.

I had to take a step, look around, take another step, look around so I could make some progress. I was too embarrassed and scared to ask anyone where the subway was, because well, not to dis myself but I was a mess. And so it was, that I had to pee! Great! It was like 4 AM Sunday night/Monday morning, nothing was open. I found a car lot and unburdened my self on the wall (civilized right?) Ooo look there's my subway! So I finally get the train back to Brooklyn. (I'd just moved there so I was still a little skeptical about any stops other than my own).

The train is crossing the Manhattan Bridge and the strongest Gotta-Shit-NOW-and-it's-gonna-be-liquid sensation comes over me. I'm doubling over in pain and doing LAMAS breathing exercises to keep the stopper on what I know is going to be the grossest experience of my life. I hold it for a couple stops, but I'm so frightened that my intestines are going to bust internally that I hop off the Subway at some unknown stop which looks very abandoned and the kind of place a mugging could occur. The train pulls away and I just think "well, here goes crap down my legs and in my pants, so I lean against the wall beside a trash can and let loose the loudest fart in the world. I'm not lying, it echoed! Good thing I'm alone and what a relief it wasn't drizzly doo-doo! But wait....there's laughter. I look on the other side of the trash can and there are Harry and Henrietta Homeless making out and laughing at me! Well, I'm way sick now and don't even bother telling them to get a job.

I catch the next train home and barely make it before the REAL shit comes. I called in sick and laid in bed for two days except to go potty. My boss was concerned by my sudden and violent "flu", but what was I going to say "Oh I can't come in cuz Corona's coming out my ass?" Whatever was in that brownie really confused my internal signalling systems! For Real!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that the cops did not show up for a shots fired call. Who knew the subway would create so many memorable moments of your life. I come from a land where public transportation is a taboo subject, but I can definitely empathize with the gotta go feelings.

7/01/2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Hilarious post. Shelly Long - HA HA! That was great.

You're lucky you made it home. I had a simialr situation in London one evening. However, I fell asleep on the train and I wound up about 30 miles from my house. Problem? The trains stopped running so I couldn't get back.

The missus was not happy to hear from me at 1:00 am not knowing where in the hell I was.

Thank goodness it was a Friday night. I was in bed all weekend.

7/01/2005 12:09 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

P.S. Since I'm a regular reader now, I'll put up a link so I remember to check in.

7/01/2005 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

normally poop stories make me ill but this is hilarious! i'm sure it was absolutely miserable and sounds somewhat frightening at the time. so sorry for laughing at your expense! i do that.

btw: kerplunks is an absolutely disgusting term for that and one that i had never heard before. holy cow. terrible images. eww!

7/01/2005 3:37 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

sammysue - the subway was an awesome, everyday adventure! Public transit is taboo where I currently live, sadly. I really hate driving in the city.

fred - Thanks for the compliment and adding me to your reading list! I need to add you and some others (but I'm too lazy to log into blogroll). Yikes the wife had a right to be pissed. I passed out on the train before, I had to call in sick to work that day too. (hmmm, is there a pattern?)

becky - once you live there for a few months nothing really freaks you out, except thugs on the train flipping coins with a slingshot. I didn't want to have Lincoln stuck in my eye, so I hopped out ASAP.

VX - Please! Never apologize for laughing at me in my misery. I welcome it! And...yeah, that kid is probably in Juvey by now, as he should be.

7/05/2005 7:44 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

'is she Shelly Long, cuz everything is LONG on her'

DUDE! You crack me up! Gees - seriously what did they put in those brownies?

Having to shit really bad and having nowhere to go is one of the worst feelings EVER.

7/05/2005 12:34 PM  
Blogger Darcey said...

Be careful how many embarassing stories you post up here - you're giving up eventual fodder should you actually HASH and then get NAMED. Hehehe. Kerplunks.

7/05/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

I could have sworn I posted a comment on this entry - where the hell did it go?

I said something about being amazed by your brownie innocense... where the hell did it go? The commnet I mean...

7/05/2005 11:40 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

webmiz - good planning is necessary when riding the train (and having to shit)!

muse - it would be so horrible if my name ended up being kerplunks! I would be reminded of that bratty kid for the rest of my hash days. (hilarious!).

rachel - I know for sure you posted a comment about it too, because I remember reading something to that effect on Sat or Sun. I thought maybe you'd deleted it or something. Maybe this is the reason so many people switch to other blog hosts, the lost comments?

7/06/2005 7:25 AM  
Blogger erl said...

shuuuuuuuuuut up i loooove um...brownies. ;)

7/06/2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger e$ said...

OMG, were you actually prepared to shit your pants in the subway tunnel? Esp. whacked out on brownies... that is a horrible and also horribly funny story. thank you!!

7/07/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This was a good one...the Scooby Snacks, Shelley Long and Henrietta Homeless. Oh yeah, and the poo. hehe.

7/07/2005 9:37 PM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

just checking back looking for a new post... gimme a new post! How dare you have a real life!

7/07/2005 9:59 PM  
Blogger TYSEN said...

My friend accidentally had some brownies of a similar type and since he was an "upstanding citizen" err "good boy" nobody told him what where in them for a couple months...

7/08/2005 2:04 PM  
Blogger Mommy said...

sirtalksalot-i rarely get on here now due to my tendon shit in my arms but i came on this morning and you had me doubled over in laughter. you have such a fun life! wanna trade me? i know you'd love being a lesbian for a day~
hugs
rae

7/11/2005 11:46 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Julie - My, my we meet again! Well, don't tell anyone I passed gas in public!

erl - I'll try to get the recipe for ya!

e$ - Yup. It was THAT bad and you're welcome. :)

allison - thank ya, lady! Two days after it happened it made everyone laugh, and it's still bringing smiles to people's faces.

rachael - I don't have a real life, that's the problem!

tysen - did he get all wacky on them, or better yet, when he found out a few months later what they were?

rae - lesbian for a day, huh? I could think of a couple things I could get into! Hope your Carpal Tunnel goes away soon! That must be frustrating and painful when you want to just write an email or something.

7/12/2005 9:02 AM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

Wow, that's the worst. The worst part though is that the boxcar lovers didnt even bother to move. They just stayed and listen to the musical rendition of The yellow River by IP Freely. By the way, I thought the "Long" joke was funny.

8/05/2005 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home