Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Chronicles of Bodily Functions - Chapter 3 - "Kiss Me NOT"

Our first date was to a coffee shop, she drank hot chocolate. "I don't like coffee" she said. But she did like to drink booze. Our second date we met some co-workers for drinks at the Shark Bar (since closed). She got trashed, but we won at pool. I thought it best I buy her dinner to soak up some of the drinkage. Our third date, we drank, she puked. Our fourth date, we drank, she puked. Our fifth date, we went dancing at Dick Clark's American Bandstand Grille, as we were kissing on the dance floor, she ran over to the juke box and puked behind it. Was it me? Nah couldn't be. Ironically, Dick Clark's is now closed. The next date, after dinner, we went to Scruffy's Bar, a dive if ever there was one, to meet her best friend. She went behind the building and puked. Her and her friend are no longer friends. One romantic evening, after hanging out with friends and eating pizza, drinking wine, and watching goofy movies, she puked. In the mulch. She covered it up like a cat does in a litter box. MEOW. That night she was upset that I hardly ever kissed her on our dates. HELLO? If you mean kiss you on the lips, or near your mouth, from which you just yakked....you're right, I'm not going to kiss you! GROSS lady! 6 months I dated her, 6 months. Oh, don't get me wrong, we had good times too. Like the time we went to Gatlinburg, TN and while I was in the shower, she came and knocked on the bathroom door. I thought I was about to get lucky again in the shower, but instead she was frantic and told me a tragic story. She'd accidently dropped her car keys down the elevator shaft of the hotel, thus locking her medication in the car. Due to Dolly Parton being in town a parade was blocking the way for the police and hotel maintenance to come rescue us. Finally the police came and jimmied the lock, the hotel staff repelled down the elevator shaft and got the car keys. I got trashed that night, but didn't puke. We went hiking the next day. I wanted to go to the end of the trail. She complained of having weak ankles. HUH? She planned a trip to the mountains and had weak ankles....WHAT? I decided the only way to deal with the trip was with massive amounts of wine at dinner. I almost puked, but didn't. AND I got to eat chocolate chip pancakes at IHOP the morning of departure. YUM!

19 Comments:

Blogger Darcey said...

Mmmm.... shower. Okay, mind out of the gutter.

7/12/2005 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

puke. you must have more patience than anyone!

7/12/2005 10:51 AM  
Blogger erl said...

chocolate chip pancakes rule. great story, as usual.

7/12/2005 12:05 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

I've never had chocolate chip pancakes. I feel I'm definitely missing out with that one. Of course, we don't have an IHOP around here. It's bumfuck nowhere - what can I say?

But your ex sounds like a real party girl. All of that horking makes me wonder though - was she an Olsen twin?

7/12/2005 12:08 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

julie - she was too great to hold back, so I let her go free for the rest of the world to enjoy.

the muse - mind out of the gutter, keys out of the elevator shaft...same thing, right?

vx - yeah, with that one I did have patience. Not sure why, though.

erl - I'm planning a trip to visit my relatives in WV just so I can eat at IHOP (it's bad when you plan trips around food..or is it?)

webmiz - you've gotta gotta go to IHOP! There's one north of Baltimore off I-95 in MD (road trip and good food - what fun!)

Nope, the gf was not an Olsen Twin. If there was a second lady like the one I dated, we'd be up to our earlobes in chunks!

7/12/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Speaking of puking, I had a student get sick and puke all over some poor girl in front of him. She had puke all over her hair and clothes.

Maybe your girlfriend was confusing pucker with puker. Who knows?

7/12/2005 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drink a lot and I go through phases of puking or not puking. My ex was pretty pissed when I threw up ON TOP of the toilet lid and then attempted to clean it up by scooping it onto the floor. But, the current love wasn't too mad when I threw up right in front of the tent and then fell in it.

I am a classy, classy lady.

7/12/2005 1:54 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Fred - did it start a barf-a-rama? And yeah, the ex-gf was pretty confused, why should yakking be any different.

boozie - I'm a puker sometimes too, but on a date I try to keep to my known limits. Yup, you're definitely still classy even while blowing chunks.

banananun - I called her a bulimic alcoholic, they should have a combined course perhaps?

becky - yes, it's true, I endured 6 months of seeing the one I loved abuse her drinks. How dare she waste all that alcohol? I guess the patience of a mule is a good thing. And...Columbus is 6 hours from your future home ;)

7/13/2005 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No copycat barfing, thankfully.

7/13/2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

That was me.

7/13/2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

I drink quite a bit myself. SO I hate to judge - but hey I don't know this girl so what's the harm!

I very rarely puke. When I do, I feel it coming, and I get the fuck out of the main scene. I know no one wants to me puke (unless they want to laugh!), and if that's the case I sure as hell don't watch to be watched!

Sounds like this girl's body was vehemently rejecting her alcohol consumption. You would think she would have the foresight to keep a travel toothbrush and listerine on her at all times... so unprepared... shame on that girl!

Hell, Boozie will brush her teeth with Neosporin if need be! Now THAT's a girl I could party with!

7/13/2005 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess i did go thru a puking phase. but i dont puke anymore. unfortunately, i dont really pass out either. bad news!

yo man! are you canoe/hashing w/ us this wkend?

7/13/2005 4:34 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

fred - copy cat barfer, sounds like a criminal.

rachael - you'd think she'd carry a toothbrush, mouthwash, etc. Boozie's a class above all others though, she does it right!

vx - I'd rather puke that pass out. You wake up with shaving cream all over ya, or worse!

7/14/2005 7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I was going to go with the whole, "I didn't know you dated Boozie!" thing, but I'm too late.

Tooters make me Pukers!

7/14/2005 10:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seeing someone else puke makes me want to puke. You are a brave brave man.

7/14/2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

Ok, those cracked my ass up. True stories always rock.

7/14/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger TYSEN said...

Your story brought back some good memories of my own...

But dating a girl like that must be like... Kenny getting killed on South Park, you know its coming in every episode but you don't know how or when!

I need to party with some of you crazy drinkers, all the last couple parties I've been to, I seem to have been the most drunk. That or I don't remember how drunk the other people were...

7/15/2005 4:33 PM  
Blogger e$ said...

GOD!! I miss the best posts when I am away. Just reading it now, and DAMN, man, I thought I was bad with the puking. I'm starting to feel pretty good about myself suddenly!!

7/18/2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

OMG...I wish I haven't been so swamped that this is the first time I get to read this post! Wow...truly one for the books!

AND - your words never amount to a pile of air!

8/06/2005 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home