Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm Back, but I'm Breakin Free

Howdy everyone! Whew what a whirlwind of activities.....

Last Monday I sent my resume and cover letter to job application I saw online. That Tuesday they called me to set up an interview! The interview was set up for yesterday in Indianapolis (yuck) and so I took the day off and went. They want me to start this coming Monday! I'm just like WHOA!...it's amazing what prayer will do! Though I can't give a 2 weeks notice to my current employer, I really think it's time to move on and get out from behind this computer. Without being specific, it's a job that travels, so I get to do what I love - travel - while earning money.

Meanwhile, last Wednesday one of my friends had a bar bash, so I was trashed. Thursday, N. had tickets to a new show that opened, which was fun, but not the best show 2CO's (theatre company) has done. Afterwards we had a bunch of drinks, she told me about her love life, I told her about my lack thereof. Friday I finally thought I'd be able to sleep for a while after work, but NO. Some chic at work called me and said she had an extra (free) ticket to the Funny Bone Comedy Club, so....I went. It was free afterall. Got drunk. Saturday I ran some errands for my parents which took up a couple hours. Then I was off to the airport to pick up my best bud from NYC and get free chocolate from my cousin at the chocolate store. We met D. for dinner at a mexican place where A(nyc) met Mo. But she was working so couldn't hang long. After that we went for coffee at Starbuck's and planned the night's debaucheries. So A went to his hotel, then came to my house where D was meeting us while I purtied up and got my buzz going with vodka screwdrivers. A, D, and I went to the bars, where I ran into a couple friends that just relocated from New Orleans (they're doing great with an apartment, jobs, and making friends) so the 5 of us made a gang and went to rob people on the street. I'M KIDDING! We just kept drinking. Meanwhile JJ (blonde beauty) and DP call R and say they're near, not to leave the club until they get there to meet us all. Then someone mentions it's someone's birthday and I say let's all go to 123, and somehow I must have said the wrong place cuz half of them go to the place I said but didn't mean because we were at 456, luckily its half a block away but DP get's pissed and causes a scene because he had to pay $2 for a cover charge for a club we weren't going to. Everyone else was like "boo hoo" and I even apologized. But that broke up the party and we all went our ways.

The next day A wanted to get cheap food from Wal Mart and pack his bags full since NYC food is so expensive, so we spent lots of time there. The rest of the time was site seeing (not much to see in Columbus ha ha). And then I dropped him off at the airport on Monday evening. Then it was back to the office to get my interview shit together and printed, and the application package filled out for Tuesday (yesterday). I woke up at 4 AM after not sleeping very well because I was nervous. I wore a black suit w/ a bright blue (weird darker than aqua-ish) shirt w/ a black tie. I thought it might have been too much black for the interview, but it's the only suit that fits, and a white shirt was too funeral like.......but I must admit I was the best dressed of all the interviewees. Well, I'm thanking God today for such a great blessing because for the longest time I've been going through the motions of living with no real conviction, but this reinvigorates me. Now I'm off to give me 3 day notice to my boss. He's new and pretty cool, but I still feel like a heel.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks as I finish up my job in Columbus, move all my stuff except clothes to my parents, and go through 3 weeks of intense testing and training. I don't think I'll have much time for blogging (Friday's my last day sitting in front of a computer) until I find out what city I'm going to actually live in (NYC hopefully) after the 3 weeks, but I will miss you all, and if possible, I'll post an update as soon as I can!

Spread the love like cream cheese on a bagel (thick) and see ya soon!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Congratulations. Glad to hear all is well with you. Keep in touch and update asap. And don't forget your new pal from your home state of WV!

9/21/2005 10:41 AM  
Blogger Darcey said...

So. Many. Initials. Can't. Go. On...

Congrats on the job, darlin! One of the cities you might relocate to wouldn't be Atlanta, would it? ;)

9/21/2005 2:34 PM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

congratulations! What great news!

9/21/2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

DAMN YOU SIR TALKS ALOT!!!

I'd ask you where the hell you been but I just read. Hmmm...I'm no detective but it seemed there was a theme involving alcohol. Hmmm...

Good luck on the job dawg. Nothin but love from the Chi and in my prayers, I'll make sure to pray that you dont end up in Indiana!

Always keep it real homie, show your face once in a while through your travels and dont take it easy dawg, take it any way you can get it! Holla!

9/21/2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! New York (selfishly) cheers you on!

9/21/2005 4:49 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Congrats on the new job. I got lucky in that I always had to travel for my job. It was great. I was able to experience many things I would've never been able to experience.

The only reason I got out was because I needed a stable home for the kids to go to school. So, enjoy your job for the next 15 years or so, then you'll want to settle down.

9/21/2005 8:19 PM  
Blogger Jerrster said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/22/2005 2:58 AM  
Blogger Jerrster said...

fuck Sir...why did it sound like you were caught up in a Kansas Tornado..."until I find out what city I'm going to actually live in (NYC hopefully) after the 3 weeks, but I will miss you all, and if possible, I'll post an update as soon as I can!...damn dude I've been checking your blog thinking I'd hear an update soon after Sept 12th....I'm jokin' ya good luck Sir and yes...keep us informed! will ya pleze!

9/22/2005 3:02 AM  
Blogger Jerrster said...

wow "the muse" is cute.

9/22/2005 3:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats and good luck

9/23/2005 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats awesome! congratulations and good luck!

i am sad that we never got to a hash :( that woulda been fun! so close...i almost met a blogger! put it on your list of things todo before you go since it sounds like you have already zero extra time. ha!

9/23/2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Thank you all for your encouragement...I'll try to be back once my insanity level goes from SUPER FREAK to just WEIRD. :P

9/23/2005 4:15 PM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

Sir, WTF!!! Where you been. Now I have no witty and funny comments and I'm forced to pose as a blog commenter and write funny commments to myself. AHAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

9/27/2005 6:05 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

sounds so exciting! good luck!

9/28/2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

Yo what up Beeeeyoooootch!!!! I see you've been making yiour internet rounds like a good boy. How goes the job transfer? Think of how many fish will now be swimming in your pool. You better make sure your fishing rod is good to go! So, yeah, my book. Got the rough draft done. It's alot of work. I think I need to look into a little sweatshop help. Hey, Nike did it.

9/30/2005 9:24 AM  
Blogger Buck Rogers said...

wow lot going on

I posted a picture of my baby boy...just found out about it. He's my Pride and Joy
Check it out

10/04/2005 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home