Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend O' Fun.

A nutshell weekend of fun recap. Mmm hmm Yes.

Friday night was my sister and nephew's last night at my parents. So I stayed the night. Obviously, that meant playing video games for hours with my nephew. He's 7. He's not as bratty as he used to be, but still, quite a booger. He had some boxy cube game thing, which I know nothing about, so instead we played Nintendo - The Original cool game system. The weird thing was none of the games worked right, we kept taking them out and blowing on them. Isn't it hilarious how each little sect of society has their own "good luck" wishes for their activities? For instance, before putting the game in, we'd blow on it three times. Three is the magic number to make the game work properly. You see we tried twice, and once, and four times, none worked as well as three. For dinner we ate Minute Man Pizza, it's the only pizza in the world that tastes remotely as good as Original Pizza in Brooklyn. I'm telling you, so don't even question it! A'ight?

Well that was it for me I went to bed at like 11.

The next day I hear the garage door open at 9:00 AM. What the f*ck? Why is anyone even up at that hour on a Saturday morning? I know it wasn't my mom, she sleeps until 11. My nephew sleeps until 11. And I WOULD HAVE slept until 11, but my sister was getting some of her boxes out of the garage and loading them into mom's van. I'm not certain what the importance of holiday decorations in the summer time is, but she REALLY wanted those boxes to take home with her.

By noon the whole house was up, showered'n'ready, and in the van going to Parkersburg, WV. Dad hadn't made it in yet from LA or Chicago or where ever he went, so we left without him. It was 95 degrees with high humidity, all the hills and rolling fields of green along the way were cloaked in a soft-focus haze. Admittedly, very nice, yes indeed....until you stepped out of the AC. Then it was immediate drippings o'sweat. Can you tell I'm into my "O"'s today? O'yes.

Visiting the family in WV was great. Surprisingly, my 14 year old "little" cousin that I used to baby sit is now 6'2'' and drawfs the rest of us. How strange are growth spurts? Weird, I say. It's a given that every trip involves a quick jaunt to the local doughnut store. YUM. I mean, folks these things are the best doughnuts in the world. With a name like McHappy's, what do you expect? The sugary treats have made me McHappy since I was born. Ma used to crush up the delectible morsels when out of formula and put them in my bottle. I'M KIDDING! Geez. Oh and how could I forgot? My brother-in-law picked up a bucket of pork BBQ from Charlotte. PIG OUT! That's the theme of this weekend. When you talk for 3 hours about food and new restaurants food quality, etc, with your aunt, you know there's something we're good at, and that's EATING!

Anywho, we left before the Parkersburg Homecoming fireworks display, mainly because they would probably suck in a thunderstorm and other than that, they would just suck because it's Parkersburg. They really can't do anything right. I mean I could devote a whole post to the mishaps of my hometown. After filling the van with $42.00 (GASP) worth of precious petrol we zoomed home, and back to society. Pops was asleep when we got to their house, and so I stayed so I could visit him since I never know when he'll be home.

Sunday dad and I tinkered in the garage on cars for a little bit, ate dinner, then I went home. Ah, home sweet home. Nice quiet reading time. zzzzzzzz

Word up to Allison - tis my 11th day walking to work. Art thou set forth upon thine own diurnal stroll?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that weekend rocks. i love family. i love visiting family, eating w/ family, traveling with family, whatever. glad you had fun! & your walking is awesome. i'm blocking out any exercise right now. cuz i have to do the af marathon relay in less than a month. apparently when the pressure is on... i say screw that.

8/22/2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

What the hell is a McHappy donut? I want one. Where can I find em?

8/22/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, handsome! Sounds like a great weekend. Love the warm fuzzies of family.

My walking has been thwarted since last Friday by an inappropriate amount of out-of-town partying. Which I am still doing. Until tomorrow. At which point, I should WALK back to NYC to make up for 1) how far I am behind you right now, 2) the exorbitant amount of alcohol doing the backstroke through my circulatory system from this weekend. O'sigh.

8/22/2005 2:50 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

video x - Sheesh, you deserve the break from exercise. A marathon is insanity! But when/where is it?

becky - 2 words taxi dermy. Oh I know it's one word and I'm kidding! How you do it is beyond me!

timmortal - McHappy's is a small chain bakery in my hometown of Parkersburg, WV. That's where you can get 'em! Though, why anyone would go there if you don't have family there, I'm not sure. I could take orders and send them out to all my readers (ha ha ha...that's funny...me spend money)

allison - why do I like being called handsome? I don't know. But thank you! Let me see, walking on the LIE, Jersey Turnpike, or I-87 from the Hampton's, Jersey Shore, or Catskill's respectively, depending on popular NYC getaways, isn't such a good idea. Just vegge out on the train, bebe! If you went someplace else...it's still probably not a great idea! I'll let you slide, but when you recover..... BACK TO WALKING MISS! That was me being a Drill Sgt....don't worry I'm not quitting my day job (until I win the lotto).

8/22/2005 4:01 PM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

Okay, I'll send you a S.A.S.E. and you can cram a couple in an Fed Ex that shit.

8/22/2005 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh no! i'm not running a marathon. i'm just doing the relay at the air force marathon (wright patt in sept). i'm only running 7 or 7.5 miles. thats it. after all your walking...you could kick my ass at this thing. it's an easy thing, but i've become LAZY.

8/22/2005 4:38 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Nintendo? They're still out there? Now, if only Atari and Pong were still going...

8/22/2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

and you didn't bring back McHappy's donuts for the rest of us? how rude. ;)

8/22/2005 7:29 PM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Um... I didn't hear one word about drinking... what the hell?

8/23/2005 1:14 AM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Should the nintendo or the games give up the ghost you can probably pick up a refurbished system a couple games and a controlelr for like 20 bucks at a game stop.

What I missed about cartridge gaming was the hope that if you blew on it the problem might go away. with cd and dvd rom there is no hope once the disk is scratchd bad enough you are s.o.l.

8/23/2005 2:36 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

timmortal - make sure the envelope is lined w/ plastic. you wouldn't want any of the mouth watering grease drawn out by a paper container!

video x - a relay, huh? That brings back some memories of track and our relay team dropping the batton. Should I spoil the end of that story by saying we didn't win? NAH. I drove to work today and I already hate myself for it.

fred - you can find an atari for sure. I've seen them at flea markets. Centipede and Q-bert. ROCK ON!

webmiz - Rude is my second middle name (right after Duhmass) Hmm, you're probably only 4 hours away from Parkersburg. Wanna make a Friday morning coffee and doughnut run? No? FINE, I'll do it! What flavor, lady?

rachael - drinks, oh ok. I had a Big K Dr. K from Kroger's, 2 giant cups of milk to wash down the doughnuts, 1 bottle of Perrier, 1 Red Bull, and tons of tap water which tastes a bit like Clorox. I haven't drank booze since 8/13. Here I thought I was shaking with energy, but it's the DT's.

rich - the cartridges were mucho better-o for smaller kids, because getting them to put CD's back in the sleeves is like pulling teeth. Let's start a revolution to get cartridges back (much like the 8 Track revolt when cassettes replaced the chunks)

8/23/2005 7:38 AM  
Blogger Darcey said...

I just caught your comment on Timmortal's blog, darlin'.
It just so happens that I went with a lavender knee-length skirt today. And its a bit windy out. ;)

8/23/2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

the muse - let's see the next flight to Atlanta from Columbus.....I could be there in time to see you walk to lunch IN THE WIND.

8/23/2005 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home