Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Meet Me in St. Loooeeey

....well THAT'S not Tears For Fears!

I may be moving to St. Louis provided I pass my final battery of tests. My brain is Swiss Cheese from all the tests, the stress, and being away from home since 9/25. Though even complaining is disgraceful when I think of how long our men in arms have been overseas. I'll take my blessings and be thankful (but I do miss my daddy, mommy, sister, nephew, grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins) I suppose I've taken for granted our family's close vicinity to one another when I was in Ohio as most relatives were within a 2 hour drive. It won't pain me much to be leaving Indianapolis on Saturday. However, the destination will be even further from home along the Mighty Mississippi River....I'm excited, nervous, and free. Free from wondering what would have been had I still been rotting behind a desk 8 hours a day. The only reason I'm not giving too much detail about the career path I've taken is......I'm still not completely there yet.....I have a few major tests to pass, and my stomach is in knots! Again, your support and prayers please!!!!! And when I step from the fire, pure and golden, removed of all doubt, I'll update again! Until then.....keep bloggin my peeps!!!! I miss y'all!!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking in on you frequently. Glad you're back. Good luck :).

10/12/2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AH! He came back!

Good luck, Sir. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures, whatever they may be.

10/12/2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

You know if you get based out of St Louis, then that is within the appropriate visiting/drinking radius.

Pulling for ya!

10/12/2005 8:43 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

brian - thank you so much I really appreciate it! I passed my test!!!!! One more to go, and I'm flyin' high.

allison - mucho gracias on the good luck...I'll update sooner than last time for real! Also when I get to NYC (which shouldn't be too far in the future, we gotta get drinks)

drink more jack - definitely! I could be in St Louis as soon as next week, though it will most likely be for a few days until I set up perm residence. I might commute from Columbus, but that will wear on me. Can't wait to see Missouri, it's a new state for me on my list of "where I've been".

10/13/2005 1:55 AM  
Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

Well good luck! I know how nice it is to be blessed suddenly with a new prospect. Except in our case there was no old prospect, at all...

Good luck and God bless!

10/13/2005 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck to you!

10/13/2005 2:12 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

dawn, video, becky - THANKS a ZILLION! Your support is awesome! More updates to come soon!!!!

nycalfredo - thanks for the prayers!!!! sending them up for ya too! good luck on the date, and a cell? I have billions of those....trillions EVEN! Or do you mean that blasted square of annoying mechanical poo people communicate with....;) Love ya brotha, talk to you tomorrow!

10/14/2005 9:00 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

what kind of job are you going for, sir? I thought you dropped off the face of the earth! :) welcome back.

10/14/2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Welcome back. Glad to hear from you and keep us posted.

10/17/2005 10:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

COME ON BITCH!!! Take the tests already. What the hell! We some sarcasm. It's all chicks on my blog...wait, what am I saying. Stay away, stay away!!

10/17/2005 10:12 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Just caught back up...I'm from the St. Louis area and my parents still live there...give me a yell if you've got any weird questions. Plus, they have THREE good hash groups too. Good luck if you move there!

10/21/2005 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home