Monday, February 28, 2005

Sit'N'Spin

I broke my nephew's Sit'N'Spin a few months ago because evidently there's a weight limit. I sat down and when I tried to spin, all I heard was a cracking sound as the center wheel came off in my hands. Why? Why don't children's' toys support fat uncles? There are kids fatter than me that still would like to sit'n'spin. What better way to reduce overeating for kids or adults than being nauseated by spinning? I guess they figure if you're round you might as well just play that game the Fire Men taught you. "Stop! Drop! N'Roll" Except fat kids like to turn it into stop, drop-and-eat-all-skinny neighbor-kid's-cinnamon-rolls.

I remember at the age of 8, running with my friends, pretending to be on fire, and because SOMEONE in the group was so lazy he didn't want to run anymore he yelled "STOP. DROP and ROLL!" And everyone else was like, "that's dumb" and this boy that had spent all summer eating gravy, spice cake, french fries, and hamburgers was like "Uhm, no it's not. It saves lives and look" *drops, n'rolls* "I'm not on pretend fire anymore" and this other kid who was stinky because he pooped his pants all the time was like, "you're still dumb, and we're still on fire, see ya!" and with that they left the fat kid all alone to Stop, Drop, and Roll home. But on his way home the stinky kid's mom was like "HEY *fatty*, come get a cinnamon roll, I just made them" So fatty went over and as stink-o's mom answered the phone he ate them all cuz the mom didn't really say not to and she left them out and there only 3, but they were kind of like Grand's or something, so they were big and OH so good. Then fatty ran the rest of the way home cuz he felt like he maybe shouldn't have done that, but secretly was happy to have punished the other kids since they'd called him dumb, but was thinking "now who's the dumb one, stinky skinny kid?" Ok, do I have to spell it out for you, the fat kid was me!

The lesson of the story up to this point is that fat kids should NOT be left out because they'll eat all your snacks, they should be left out because they'll turn into fat uncles that break your toys.
But the story does not end there. I played Stop Drop and Roll in many forms even into my early 20's. Except at age 21 it turned into the STOP drinking vodka long enough to DROP that pill into my mouth so I can ROLL the rest of the night. That didn't last extremely long and since I turned 25 it's been more along the lines of STOP eating Chipotle burritos, DROP moola on bills, and ROLL over in bed so I can sleep 12 more hours, all while maintaining my perfect shape - ROUND.


The new, yet uncannily the same, morale of the story is: Parents don't let the Fire Department try to save lives with the whole STOP DROP and ROLL shpiel. All they're doing is creating another fat uncle that will break his nephew's toys, and your clogged-artery heart!

9 Comments:

Blogger SirTalksALot said...

insanityiscreatitivy - when breathing in causes stretch marks on your love handles....that's when you should stop eating :)

Amanda - Yes, PLEASE be careful with letting the Fire Department teach him evil, catchy phrases. You CAN make a difference!

2/28/2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Becky - I live in the Midwest, what else is there to do but eat. Oh yeah, I'm fat! Chipotle does cause big loafs, good one! I should have used that. :)

3/01/2005 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a fat kid and broke our neighbor's Power Wheels Jeep because I exceeded the weight limit. Talk about traumatic.

Also? In college, my roommate crapped her pants and we called her "Sh*tty Britches" behind her back. It was during an exam.

3/01/2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Kristine - I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it.... (not stinky, not stinky)

Boozy - That's horrific and hilarious! I bet the kid and the parents next door were pissed that you broke their Power Wheels Jeep. Did the exam ask for a stool sample or was she just going for extra credit? Geez, she could've turned my nephew's toy into a Sh*t'n'Spin.

3/01/2005 11:58 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

oh, man, sit n' spins ROCKED! I never had my own, so I'd go to my friend's house and use hers to death. Being dizzy is the bomb.

3/01/2005 6:13 PM  
Blogger e$ said...

I'm a huge fan of the 21-y/o version of "stop drop & roll". that is the funniest shit I've heard all week!

3/02/2005 11:20 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Julie - Tough Skins! I forgot about those. 'member MadTV where Stuart threw his tough skins down the well, and his mom was like STUART - GET YOUR TOUGH SKINS OUT OF THE WELL!

Webmiz - The real problem is I've never had to spin to be dizzy ;)

e$ - The good ol' daze..er..days. Then you must relate to the song in my profile, Green Velvet's "LaLa Land", here 'da words.. www.testimania.com/testidance/757. html

3/02/2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

That's what I was thinking Kristine... He was the stinky kid... :)

3/04/2005 1:12 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Ben - You caught me! I was not only fat, BUT stinky too! The kid from my childhood, though, was stinky because he pooped his pants. I stuck because I had BO. LOL

3/04/2005 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home