Monday, August 08, 2005

Famous Quotes (in my world)

Last night I went walking and timed how long it takes to get to work from my house. Only 40 minutes! So I decided that today, I would walk to work. Which means I woke up at 5:45 AM to ensure I made it by 7 AM. It's part of my "get healthier", "take charge of my life" kick. I feel so energized and 100% better than when I wake up 20 minutes prior to 7 and rush to get here. There's something theraputic about walking. In fact, it didn't even bother me that a lawn sprinkler system popped on as I walked by and that I got rained on for the last 5 minutes of the walk. (Thank you Les Wexner for the sprinkler, Thank you Mother Nature for the rain). This morning's theme song is:

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody gonna slow me down, oh noI got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running in a one touch ground, oh no
I got to keep on moving

Since you all read my week long epic of vacation, I'll keep today short. Just some quotes that stick out in my memory from moi, family, and friends:

"Can you believe the doctor dropped and spilled my urine sample? It took me 2 hours to make another!" Mom after a visit to the hospital.

"I love beachy barnicle barf birthdays!" Me, after having too many on my birthday and saying I was going to jump in the water a chew barnicles off ships for money.

"I hate when my fallopian tubes get infected!" My cousin, pointing to her eustationary tubes and ears.

"I used to think there was so much water in American toilets so you could wash your ass after you flush" My best bud from Italy. My mouth dropped open in disbelief and disgust after he said that....

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Your friends and family are as quirky as mine are! Great song to start the week with! Much better than my morning's song of "Manic Monday".

8/08/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

weeeee! - it definitely keeps life interesting being surrounded by such insanity! Song of the days are fun...we should do them every Monday or daily to signify our moods, etc.

8/08/2005 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well then...arent you mister motivation! i have lived 3 miles from work for 3 years. havent gotten my big fat ass there any way but via moving vehicle. my work just moved. i am now...3 miles from work. i should run.

funny quotes!

8/08/2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

walking is so good mentally and physically... and you're up before it gets too damned hot to peel yourself from the a/c... so hopefully you'll keep it up.

Hilarious quotes from you and mom... but I'm not sure what to think of your italian friend's quote. I think I'd rather piss on my own hands, than wash them in a toilet bowl!

8/08/2005 6:44 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

I would've lasted two days, tops. I'm too lazy to walk, plus it hurts to exercise.

8/08/2005 7:10 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

hee hee! fallopian tubes... lol!

that's great about the exercise routine...hope you're not a quitter like me. I started an exercise routine last spring and kept at it for months and months and then I. just. stopped. my laziness conquers all. :)

8/08/2005 9:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That you could even say "beachy barnicle barf birthdays" after having too many is awesome. Three times, real fast!

8/09/2005 12:18 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

vx - it's only the second morning and I'm already hating myself, but I actually do feel better getting up earlier. It's all about change...and changing when I wake up...otherwise I'm a big dead head in the morning.

rachael - I thought the same thing re: the toilet bowl, however, recent reports have found more germs exist in your kitchen sink than in the toilet bowl. Maybe they should stick those blue urinal things in the kitchen sink too?

fred - I'm on the 3rd day. Soon I'm going to find a big ditch and fall in it to break my leg on purpose so I can stop this madness!

webmiz - laziness does take over quite frequently, but not this time! NO. Hmm, I'm ready for a nap. zzzzzz.

allison - It wasn't easy saying that, I sounded autistic when I did it. 3 times, would have tied my tongue up for hours!

8/09/2005 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STAL, I sent you an official e-vite to the party. It's from "Certified Underwater ..." Let me know if you don't get it and I'll find another way to get you the info.

P.S. My song for the day is "Singin' in the Rain"

8/09/2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

weeee! - Cool thank you! I'll check my mail and let ya know in the morning if I got the e-vite.

Is it raining in DC?

My song for the day is "Movin' On Up" cuz I'm striving for a dee-luxe apartment in the sky!

8/09/2005 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, it's a nasty, rainy day. But I'm still singin'!

Good luck movin' on up to the East Side.

8/09/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

Sir-thanks for the insight on the comment you posted on my blog. I appreciate it.

So how long did it take you to walk to work. That's a little more than I care to do that early in the morning, even if i did quit drinking.

On another note, are we not supposed to be washing our asses in the toilet?

8/09/2005 2:24 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

weeeee! - that must be a glorious feeeeeeeling, to be hap-py again. ;P

timmortal - anytime I can ramble, I'm there! It's under 40 minutes to walk to work. Quit drinking! Congratulations, life's just as fun, it just takes a different perspective. Well, sure you can wash your ass in the toilet...just be sure to flush first!

8/09/2005 3:52 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

lol those quotes are great!

8/09/2005 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home