Thursday, August 04, 2005

TRIP: Thurs, July 28 - Clouds, Concerts, Crazies

Thursday was my absolute favorite day of the trip. We woke up earlier than we wanted because there were some people that woke up really early for some reason. I TRIED to stay in bed until 11 but that was difficult with all the stomping feet above me. When I ate a little breakfast of oatmeal with half a stick of butter (YUM) it was off to the beach. The clouds had rolled in, but this some sun was still poking through. This picture definitely shows the clouds:

We swam at the ocean, and then the pool, hit the hot tub - the regular routine. Around 5 PM, we ate an early dinner. Grilled chicken fajitas (refried beans included, UH OH!) and then it was off to an out door concert by one of the lighthouses:


When they said outdoor concert, I was expecting a bunch of bands with people our age rockin' out to some jams. It turned out to be a saxaphone quartet playing classical type music. While I can appreciate that sort of thing, none of us were wanting a "relaxing" time. So we got really bored (as you can see in the photo) CH in the pinkish shirt, stepped in dog poop on the way to this spot and wiped it on MY blanket! I'm the blue, baby blue, and white horizontal stripe/khaki shorts guy. No, I didn't flip my collar up like a preppy! I just woke up from a nap...zzzzzzz. 8 of us tell the 4 in the upper left that we're going to go do something else.

One of the guys brought a 4x4 SUV and it just so happened to seat 8. About 2 miles from this lighthouse the road stops, and becomes a beach you're allowed to drive on. Off we go for some off-roading adventure!

Along the way we stopped for beer, frisbee, and crazy foolishness. Here from left to right is me, RB, KC, and CH doing the "Sand Dance" naturally made up on the fly:


Then I lose my balance and need to be held up:

And a group photo of course, a driver stopped to take one with all of us. They were some Kool Kats, yo! And.... that's sea water on my pants, not pee. (From left to right: Jm, DB, AM, DD, RB, CH, and me).


After this we hopped back in the vehicle to go to the house. On the way, we laughed and laughed and laughed. KC (girl in front middle, black shirt, khaki skirt) was doing her Pee-Wee Herman impersonation. Classic memories! At the house, we took a clean blanket - one which CH hadn't smeared poopie shoes on, and went to the beach. The stars were out in full glory to lay there and admire. A cloud would straggle in every few minutes and each and every one looked like something. One was an alien head, another, a baby in a car seat, another was a skull. Some people went for pizza, DeGiorno not delivery, and the rest of us continued to lay on the beach laughing, and discussing conspiracy theories regarding governments and economies of the world (surprisingly the laughs didn't cease throughout that conversation). All the joviality gave my abs a nice workout and around 2 AM sleep was all I could think of....zzzzzzzzzzz

PS: Please forgive any grammer on this series....I haven't had a chance to proofread (I know that sucks).

7 Comments:

Blogger Darcey said...

Have I told you lately how absolutely hot you are? No, seriously.

You also kinda look like one of the radio personalities in Atlanta. Except you're way taller. And hotter. But the resemblance is there.

Anyway...

8/04/2005 9:49 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

The Muse - I'm flattered, thank you! Can't wait to get some of your mojitos! Two hotties like us deserve a refreshing cool down, eh?

8/04/2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger Darcey said...

I'll be making them while at the beach (St. Simons Island) in a couple of weeks. I'll probably pick up the ingredients for it tonight or tomorrow, y'know, just to make a couple for myself this weekend.

8/04/2005 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sure i would have been the annoying-up-to-early-person. for some very odd reason, if i'm on vacation when i CAN sleep in...i cant. it sucks. i just wake up. and then i tend to go wake up other people. i like to jump on them.

sounds like a darn good time for a birthday! i did nothing for mine. it sucked. but who cares when you're 31!

8/04/2005 3:16 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Can you two just get a room? It's getting way too hot in here for me. I'm too old for this stuff!

Oatmeal and butter? I would've barfed.

8/04/2005 6:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nightime, beer and beach. Sounds perfect.

8/04/2005 9:54 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

The Muse - Well definitely have one on me!

Rachwell - Let the countdown begin until I'm the jealous one!

VX - I almost know what you mean, like the stress of waking up and going to work is gone, so there's no NEED to sleep until noon, but I managed to force myself. 10 is my ideal wake time.

Becky - Old Navy! Hmm, I'll have to figure out how to do that, as this was my first picture post.

Fred - Old? You? Get out the heck outta Dodge. You looked about 30 in your hair post.

Allison - It was nearly perfect, when I think of vacation, Thursday July 28 will always be in my mind.

8/05/2005 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home