Friday, August 12, 2005

No Minor Feet....

Last night I drunk blogged. To those of you I visited, my apologies. Is there no limit to my insanity? Well, yes. Yes there is. I, do solemnly swear, that I will not hit your sites drunk and crazy. Only drunk.The booze flowing freely allows my fingers to type smoothly and DUMBLY! After the blogging incidents, I was trying to watch TV and spilled red wine on my love handle which dribbled onto the hip area of my shorts rendering them ruined. Speaking of love handles, mine are shrinking. Less than a full week of walking to work finds me shouting praises to the glory of exercise. I mean it really does work. (How's your walking Allison? ;) ) However, exercise does something that anorexia, bulimia, drugs and alcohol NEVER did....make me hate my feet! Yes, it's true. The blisters brought attention to those plunders down under us. Thus reminding me, that I hate my feet. In addition to my own feet, I hate everyone else's too. Feet in general are sick-o, stink-o and yuck-o, so don't feel bad if you hate your feet too. Another thing, the word itself "FEET" sounds too much like "EAT". What's the big association with all things feet sounding like or rhyming with food items? It ALMOST ruins one's appetite. The following is a list of things that we feet.....oops I mean EAT (that sounds like an Alice original from the Brady Bunch) and was made possible by bloggers like you. Here's the list, Yo!

Boil - Olive Oil
Bunions - Onions
Corns - this one is self evident folks
Toes - HoHo's
Nails - Lobster Tails
Toe Jam - duh

Gosh it's enough to cause a foot fetish for food! Next pedicure all you ladies will be thinking of food and you know it! (evil laughter).

No really, a foot fetish, won't be happening here, though they do run in my family (Oh God here we go) ...."this was this one time".....when my aunt showed up to Gma's house in sandals, with a pedicure, and a new toe ring. It's a well known fact in the family that my uncle has a foot fetish, because as teenagers, my mom's best friend made out with my uncle and the best friend passed the tidbit'o'gossip along to the Information Super Highway (aka my mom's mouth), and now I can share with the rest of the world. Anyway, YUCK. I really was grossed out by the initial "enlightenment", but worse was seeing the idolized peds at a family gathering. It's hard to keep a straight face when people ask "do ya like my new toe ring, my beloved bought it for me for our anniversary?" Then you of course have to say "how nice, it looks great on you" but inside you're really thinking "OOOOOOOOO I HATE FEET, MAKE THEM GO AWAY MOMMY THEY'RE SCARING ME, PLEEEASSSEE!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT THEM AWAY"

*LIGHT BULB* Now I know why my uncle was always lingering in the grocery store by the pickled pigs feet! That sly perv! Oh well, I guess it's a cheap thrill for him. HA!

***I love my aunt and uncle, and I hope they don't see this, but I just hate feet. No offense to them.

23 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

Sir-I'm not a big fan of feet either. Time for more word associaciation.

Lettuce- Reddish
Macaroni- Macerole
Fish- Dish
Frog legs- twinkies
Deviled eggs-shower

Wierd...i see what you mean.

8/12/2005 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you one of those people who wears closed-toe shoes all the time (even around the house)? Feet don't bother me, so I'm either barefoot or in flip flops of sorts all summer. Don't worry, I'll have socks and closed-toe shoes on at my 80's party!

8/12/2005 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

drunk blogging is cool, therefore, you are cool.

i never really thought much about feet til now. oh the power of the associations. so now i can have an issue w/ feet!

get new shoes! it really makes a difference!

and i think red wine & love handles go well together. i was drinking red wine myself last night...but thats cuz i bee stung me b/t the eyes and it hurt real bad so wine was my solution.

-- vx

8/12/2005 12:12 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

timmortal - deviled eggs - shower? Did you have eggs for breakfast then fart while showering?

weeee! - Nah, my hatred of my own feet doesn't keep me from being a Hillbilly from WV. I'm barefoot most of the time too. I just hate feet.

8/12/2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

video x - thankya ma'am! wine is a cure all, until the next day, then aspirin is the cure ill. New shoes? You run a lot don't ya....do you like New Balance? I think they were the most comfortable shoes I had, but they got all moldy in Hawaii so I threw them away. NB's never gave me blisters.

8/12/2005 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm nosing into your conversation with VX, but I just had to say that New Balance is my absolute favorite running shoe! They've never given me blisters either, and they have good arch support. Why don't you walk to work in a nice new pair of NB?

8/12/2005 12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got hit by a Sir drunk-blog, and let me say...it was hilarious. Bring it.

Walking is...hot. Not like Paris Hilton "hot", but like 95 degrees radiating sidewalk farkin' hot. But it's going really well. I walked home from work last night and I will again today. I was huuung ooover this mornin', so no walky.

Finally (whew!), you just made me realize how badly I need a pedicure.

8/12/2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

weeee! - NB's are the best, but I can't get any cuz I'm poor as a pauper and wasted my cash-ola on Nike's that give me blisters! Maybe if I put the Nike's under my pillow the shoe fairy will pop by tonight and give me money for them...or better yet, change them to NB's! YEEEEAAAH, thas what I'm talkin' 'bout!

8/12/2005 12:45 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

allison - ugh, I forgot how hot the city feels with all that cement and no greenery. Props to us for kicking ass on this walking thing! I'm hungover too, and walked anyway....though I hated it. I'm sure I'd feel worse had I not gotten sick and puked in the garbage disposal.

8/12/2005 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't sleep with my running shoes under my pillow. barf!

8/12/2005 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i am way into NB right now and i agree w/ weeeeee too. the other is asics (i keep a couple pairs of those for hashing). i only hurt once in the NBs. on the top of my foot after 13 miles. maybe i had them tied wrong. i was never properly taught how to tie my shoes i guess.

but if you have to...then at least get new nikes...a lot of times it's just the amount of miles you have on the shoes! save the feet! you might like them one day!

8/12/2005 1:24 PM  
Blogger Darcey said...

Honey, you could've written this article specifically for me. I really detest feet. I like even less people touching my feet. And even less than that is touching other peoples' feet.

However, I'm okay with the professional pedicure. In fact, I get them regularly, especially in the summer, cuz I loves my sandals and strappy heels. I mean, if I'm going to have to keep them, I might as well make them slightly more tolerable.

<3 you!

8/12/2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

weeee - if I put my shoes under my pillow I'd never wake up...the fumes would kill me.

video x - I couldn't tie my shoes right until I was 6. Nah, I don't want these feet, peg legs are way cooler.

the muse - I'm with ya on not touching other peoples. If someone asks me to rub their feet, I cringe.

8/12/2005 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! that would make you 10X hotter!!!!! brilliant.

8/12/2005 3:25 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Here is a reason why feet can be icky.

8/12/2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

feet ARE nasty, man...

I really don't get those people with foot fetishes. Especially the ones who are into shrimpin' (sucking toes)...

ACK! ANOTHER FOOD REFERENCE!!

*throwing up*

8/13/2005 1:09 AM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

You drunk-commented on me.. but I found it very insightful, and I realy appreciated your words. You prefaced your words with "I'm drunk" as if you were prepared to be a dumbass... I braced myself for nothing. If anything, you sounded really natural. Your comment was windier than usual, but every single fucking word made sense.

You're being too apologetic... for no reason. You gave me my favorite comment of the day... no love lost on my end!

8/13/2005 6:22 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

I haven't blogged drunk yet. It does give me something to look forward to, though.

Feet don't bother me much. They get me where I need to go, so I kinda like them.

8/14/2005 2:29 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

video x - Yeah and that would give a totally new meaning to schlacking my wood.

rich - that's a prime example and a disgusting one. It looks like a potato chip! Chips'n'jam.

webmiz - I have a feeling a foot fetish comes from a vitamin deficiency..... Vitamin Normal.

rachael - Thank ya! So I lived up to my name then?

fred - feet are good for transportation, I'm mainly talking how ugly and stinky the mo'fo's are!

becky - the drunk blogging was me surfing sites and commenting, not my own post. Which did you post drunk, I wanna read it! Thanks on the congrats! Yeah, I should get some pics eventually, I'm really not a picture person though...I suck at photography.

8/15/2005 7:48 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

hahahaha! you blogged drunk!!!

8/15/2005 7:59 AM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

first, you hit my site drunk, apologized for it within the drunken comment itself, but there was no reason. It was a great comment. I told you that... and I'm only telling you here in case you forget to go back and read my comments to the comments!

second, get some quality insoles and keep walking. Shrinking love handles are a good thing. Plus, it's god for your heart.. oh wait, you live in columbus right? Shit, walking might kill you... but nayway, keep walking... the research on wlaking in polluted areas isn';t in yet, so I'm sure you're safe.

Third - shit what was third? Oh yeah, Feet! I happen to love feet. I wouldn't call it a fetish, but I love them. I have a long-toe... where the second toe is a half-inch longer than the big tow... old people tell me that makes me special.... I love old people too. But back to feet... I love em. I bite my toenails, and others' if they'll let me. I like feet that stink, the more vinegar-y they are, the better. Dirty, naughty, naked feet... I love 'em.

P.S. Ignore this comment, I am drunk!

8/15/2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Shit, man - I'm so drunk I forgot I posted here yesterday... What does that tell you!!?? If you guessed "STAL comments are always welcomed on Rach's blog", you guessed right, my friend! Fuck, I need some sleep!

8/15/2005 8:34 AM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Danielle - Yeah, there should be a breathelizer on the computer. It wouldn't allow you to log on if you've had alcohol. LOL

Rachael - Wow! I'd love to be drunk at 8:40 AM (7:40 where you are I suppose). Pass that bottle Crunkina and comment as much as you want as many times as you want!

8/15/2005 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home